Recipe for Traditional Cinnamon Drink
• 1 1/2 kg of water
• 750 g. sugar or honey (less quantity)
• 8 cinnamon sticks
• 4 cloves (optional)
1. Put all ingredients in a saucepan and boil for 30 minutes.
2. At first a little foam will come out that will need to be removed.
3. The heat will have be strong
4. In about half an hour you will see that it starts to rise, which means that it has thickened enough.
5. Remove it from the fire
6. We strain it while it is hot, because the cold will thicken it and will not be easily strained.
7. Allow to cool completely. It will be a very thick syrup. You put it in a bottle, preferably glass.
8. It can be prserved inside or outside of the refrigerator.
9. To enjoy it cold, put in a glass 1/3 of cinnamon beverage and fill with 2/3 of water or crushed ice.