Dried apricots osmotic, sugar freeApricots are rich in vitamin A and contain no fat. It is a good source of iron, potassium, magnesium and potash. It is also extremely rich in beta-carotene which helps to prevent cancer. 40g. of Dried apricots contain 120 calories.
Related categories: Nutrition, Sports nutrition, Dried fruits
Product code: 133-5868
Availability: AVAILABLE NOT AVAILABLE
Dried Apricots Benefits:
1. Anaemia: Dried apricots are a very good source of iron that is useful to fight anaemia (1). This also contains copper that absorbs iron. Including dried apricots in your daily diet helps in haemoglobin production that can be useful for women who experience heavy flow during periods.
2. Constipation: Dried apricots have pectin. They also contain cellulose that is a mild laxative and treats constipation. Cellulose acts as an insoluble fiber and pectin maintains water levels in the body during constipation.
3. Digestion: Dried apricots are consumed before a meal to stimulate digestion. This contains the alkali that neutralizes acids (3).
4. Fever: Dried apricots help to reduce fever (4). Prepare a liquid or you can dilute with some honey using water. This can also give you relief from thirst.
5. Skin: Dried apricots juice can be used to treat itching due to sunburn, eczema and scabies. This also helps to clear acne and many other skin problems (5). Apricot scrub is often used to exfoliate the skin.
6. Clean digestive tract: Dried apricots help to treat the digestive tract by acting as a mild laxative to flush out the unwanted wastes (6). This is useful to react with the body’s digestive juices and produces more of an alkaline environment to clean the digestive tract.
7. Pregnancy: Dried apricot has been used as herbal medicine since long in pregnancy. This can cure infertility, hemorrhage and spasms. The paste of this dried fruit can cure vaginal infections. This must be consumed moderately by pregnant and lactating mothers. During pregnancy, dried apricot fruits serve as excellent snacks instead of eating sweets and other snacks (7).
8. Regulate heartbeat: Dried apricots provide a very good source of potassium (8). Potassium is a mineral and electrolyte which is useful to regulate proper fluid balance. This helps in proper muscle function and regulates the heartbeat.
9. Good vision: Dried apricots contain nutrients like Vitamin A which is required for good vision. Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant that helps to remove free radicals and maintain the health of cells and tissues (9). Free radical damage can cause injury to the human eye lenses which can lead to cataracts or damage the eyes. Dried apricot intake reduces the risk of developing cataracts.
10. Haemoglobin: Dried apricots can be used for production of haemoglobin that can treat anaemia. This is because dried apricots contain minerals like iron and copper which produces haemoglobin.
11. Relieve asthma: Dried apricots’ health benefits also include the ability to cure the symptoms of tuberculosis, asthma (11) and bronchitis.
12. Skin glow: Dried apricot oil is very useful for skin care (12). This can make your skin glowing and smooth. This is also a good remedy to cure sore ears.
13. High blood pressure: Dried apricots contain three times more potassium than bananas and contain only a trace of salt that helps to keep down blood pressure (13). Potassium has water-retaining properties than sodium, which lowers blood volume pressure. Potassium in dried apricots also protects against heart disease.
14. Muscle building: Dried apricots contain potassium which is necessary for bodily functions like improving metabolism and roles of the tissues, organs and other cells. Thus, it is important for muscle-building and normal body growth. It helps to regulate the levels of acid in the body and useful for protein synthesis .
15. Blood clotting: Dried apricots contain Vitamin K that is required for blood clotting in case of injuries and to prevent excessive bleeding (15). Consume a cup of dried apricots daily to get 4 mcg of Vitamin K.