Organic Camu Camu powder
Camu fruits is the highest documented source of vitamin C - providing 200 times more than a banana, 56 times more than a lemon, and 30-60 times more than an orange. Camu also contains a big range of other important nutrients including potent antioxidants, phytochemicals, amino acids, as well as many important vitamins and minerals including beta-carotene and potassium.
How to use: How to use: 1/2 - 1 teaspoon in a glass of smoothies or juice or yogurt with a natural sweetener like stevia or agave.
1. Strong anti-inflammatory. Vitamin C helps to prevent inflammations from diseases caused within our body, like several other vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants contained in CAMU CAMU.
2. It helps to prevent cancer. The rich antioxidant profile of camu camu is a powerful protection against cancer-causing free radicals.
3. Promotes eye health. Supports the the eye and visual nervous system , and can help to maintain healthy vision and prevent vision loss.
4. Protects against degenerative brain diseases. It can help improve focus and prevent against "brain fog," as it can also help in situations such as Alzheimer's disease.
5. Improves mood, cognitive balance. One of the leading holistic method of treatment for depression, Dr. Gary Null, Ph.D., a nationally recognized nutritionist and researcher says the camu camu as the second most powerful fruit. Many patients were able to quit their antidepressants after incorporation of camu camu in their daily diet.
6. Improves muscle tissue. If weight loss and body building a healthy muscular system is one of your objectives, camu camu can be a good support. Loaded with a host of beneficial vitamins, amino acids, minerals and other nutrients, the camu camu can help to improve the functioning and attitude of your muscles.
7. Maintains healthy reproductive system. Many of these same nutrients found in camu camu helps to cleanse the body of harmful toxins, which can damage the reproductive function and may lead to infertility.
8. Helps prevent viral, bacterial infections. Such invaders are much less likely to be born inside our body when camu camu is a part of our diet. On the common viral infection known as herpes, Dr. Null puts camu camu in the top of the list for anti-herpetic phytochemical activity.
9. Supports healthy collagen, ligaments and tendons. The high vitamin C content of Camu camu makes a powerful superfood for building of a strong and durable collagen within the body. Ligaments and tendons of your body are composed of collagen, camu camu can help make it more powerful.
10 Healthy hair. It has been shown that it can help to improve hair strength and shine.
Nutrient Amount per 100g % Daily Value Comment
Water 94.1 g NA Very high water content
Protein 0.4 g 1 %
Fat 0.2 g NA
Vitamin C 2145 mg 3575 % Contains even more vitamin C than acerola and acai, two superfoods known for their extremely high vitamin C contents
Carotenoids 355 mcg NA In camu-camu fruits, lutein is the dominating carotenoid, followed by beta-carotene and zeaxanthin
Calcium 15.7 mg 2 %
Copper 0.2 mg 10 % A relatively good source of copper
Iron 0.53 mg 3 %
Magnesium 12.4 mg 3 %
Manganese 2.1 mg 106 % An excellent source of manganese
Potassium 83.8 mg 2 %
Sodium 11.1 mg
Zinc 0.36 mg 2 %