Cretan Mugwort (Artemisia absinthium)It is considered as a tonic, antipyretic, antiseptic, emmenagogue, anti-inflammatory, pain killer herb. It is usually suggested as a tonic in dyspepsia (as a mild laxative) of gastralgia, gastritis, partial liver failure. Assists in gynecological problems, and metrorrhagia leucorrhea. It is good antipyretic and expectorant in cases of colds, wheezing, inflammation of the upper airways and cough.
Product code: 227-1327
Availability: AVAILABLE NOT AVAILABLE
Artemisia or Mugwort was used as a powerful antimalarial herb, but now has been shown to be useful against cancer. In certain studies, when an iron supplement is given, often accumulates in the breast tissue. When given artemisinin, especially in tumor cells, it is effectively able to target the "bad" cells, and leave intact the "good."
Taken together (iron and mugwort), results demonstrate that can cause disruption of expression of the transcription factor E2F1 and contribute to cell cycle arrest of human breast cancer cells. The transcription factor E2F1 represents the transcriptional critical path in which artemisinin controls the growth of cancer cells.
Iron accumulates in tumor cells because of specific receptors and assists in cell division, with transferrin receptors. Iron is necessary because normal cells may have these receptors, but the tumor cells have a high abundance of these receptors can be targeted by the combination of iron & Artemisia
Used as a decoction or infusion as a cholagogue in gold and poisoning, for expelling stones from the urinary system, against bumps and against diabetes and helps in the metabolism of carbohydrates (sugars).
Use: Pour 1 teaspoon of the herb for 7-10 minutes, strain and drink (In any case must be consumed in small doses and for a limited time. The duration of treatment with mugwort should not exceed two weeks.)
- Dried flower, a decoction, three cups a day, for diuresis, for colic kidney, the amenorrhea, the upset stomach and fever.
- For Dropsy 18 to 30 grams of powder from dried mugwort in a liter of water, one glass a day.
- A Handful of leaves in a liter of white wine for two weeks gives beverage capable of stimulating the appetite (one glass of liquor a day, before meals, for three days, no longer).
- The same drink in the morning, before breakfast, is effective for those suffering from intestinal worms ( roundworms, aciduria, schistosomiasis).
- For Cancer given all of the above formulations with iron supplement 2-3 times a day.